Don’t let the cute video disarm you!
4. Schedules and Resource Management
It is highly advisable to understand how much of an affect replatforming can have on your organization’s operations and workforce. You need to plan for:
- Your team’s availability;
- Outside vendor resource scheduling;
- Any and all procurement and disbursement liabilities, as well as;
- Contingencies to mitigate possible risks.
Such projects not only can touch multiple departments, but can affect all downstream operations, such as your warehouse/fulfillment, customer service reps, in-store operations for those who BOPIS (Buy Online Pickup In Store).
Developing a simple plan of action and master resource schedule will greatly help with your visibility and understanding of your project health. With that in mind, there are many ways you can manage a project, which leads us to our final thought, project methodology.
Part 5. Employ an Agile Based Strategy